The Isaacs, a multi-award winning family group who began singing 35 years ago are based out of Hendersonville, TN. The vocalists are mother Lily Isaacs and siblings Ben Isaacs, Sonya Isaacs Yeary and Rebecca Isaacs Bowman. Playing their own acoustic instruments and joined by other band members, The Isaacs have a unique style that blends tight family harmony with contemporary acoustic instrumentation that appeals to a variety of audiences. Their musical style has been influenced by many genres of music including bluegrass, rhythm and blues, folk, and country, contemporary, acoustic and southern gospel.
They perform frequently at the Grand Ole Opry, are active members on the Gaither Homecoming Videos and Concert Series, and travel internationally throughout the year to perform to welcoming fans in countries such as South Africa, Norway, Holland, Scotland, Ireland ,Israel, Canada and many more. Concert venues include civic centers, auditoriums, arenas, fair grounds, parks, churches and other locations. They have been nominated at and performed on the Dove Awards, IBMA (International Bluegrass Music Association) and NQC (National Quartet Convention) Awards, the ICMA Awards (Inspirational Christian Country). Other notable performances include CMA Fan Fest (Country Music Fan Fest), Carnegie Hall, and many professional sporting events, including a Cincinnati Bengal’s football game, Nashville Predators Hockey games, and an Astros/ Braves baseball game. The Isaacs have won over 7 Doves in various categories and have had several Grammy nominations in their career. They feel blessed to be able to travel and spread the message of hope and grace through song and story.
- Lily Isaacs
- Lily Isaacs is a vocalist and matriarch of the group. She was born in Germany after World War II to two Polish Jewish Holocaust survivors and moved to the United States when she was 2 years old. She grew up in the Bronx, NY studying theatre and performing on Off Broadway and in 1968 recorded a folk album on Columbia Records with her friend as “Lily and Maria.” She became a Christian in 1971 when a death in the family brought her and patriarch Joe Isaacs to church for the first time. Soon after, they began singing Christian music and laid the foundation upon which the Isaacs ministry has been built. Also a 30 year breast cancer survivor, she was the inspiration for a hit country song called I’m Gonna Love You Through It, co written by Sonya and Jimmy Yeary, recorded by Martina McBride. Lily’s testimony has been an inspiration to people around the world, so much that she has written an autobiography about her life’s story. Her love for Jesus has brought her through every chapter of her life and she loves to sing and share about His love.
- Ben Isaacs
- Ben Isaacs is the bass player and vocalist for the Isaacs. He and his wife Mindy have three children: Jacob, Kyra and Cameron. He spends much of his time off the road in the studio producing not only The Isaacs, but also many well known artists including, The Gaither Vocal Band, The Oak Ridge Boys, Karen Peck, and Cherryholmes to name a few. He has been nominated for over six Grammys and has been voted Producer of the Year several times in the Absolutely Gospel Awards. He also has produced several Dove award winning albums. He has played bass and sang on numerous artists projects including Don Williams, George Jones, Merle Haggard, Trace Adkins, Doyle Lawson, JD Crowe and Paul WIlliams. He has been voted Male Vocalist of the Year and Musician of the Year in several prominent award shows. Ben accepted Christ as a young boy and has always had a heart for ministry and helping people.
- Sonya Isaacs Yeary
- Sonya Isaacs Yeary is the mandolin player and vocalist for the Isaacs. She is married to singer/songwriter Jimmy Yeary and they have two sons, Ayden & Gatlyn. After her solo adventure with country label Lyric Street Records, she began writing songs professionally and has had songs recorded by Trisha Yearwood, Leann Rimes, Martina McBride, Vince Gill and many more. Many gospel artists have also recorded songs she and Becky have written. , and she has won several Doves for her songs. She also enjoys singing background vocals for such artists as, Reba, Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley, Trisha Yearwood, VInce Gill to name a few. Many kids will recognize her as a background singer for Miley Cyrus in the Hannah Montana movie and on soundtrack performances on Disney Films Geppetto and My Neighbor Totoro. IBMA, SGMA, CCMA have nominated Sonya for Female Vocalist many years running and she has won various awards in all these genres. Sonya believed on Christ at 6 years old. She has dedicated her life to spreading the gospel and shining God’s light wherever she goes.
- Rebecca Isaacs Bowman
- Becky Isaacs Bowman is the guitar player and vocalist for the Isaacs. She is married to singer/musician/minister John Bowman. They have two children Levi and Jakobi. Becky started writing songs as a teenager and has written songs that many artists have recorded. Her first number one song was Stand Still and she has since had charting songs recorded by many artists. Some other songs you may recognize written by Sonya and Becky are Heroes, winning Bluegrass Song of the Year from the Dove Awards, and Waiting in the Water, Your Cries Have Awoken The Master, and a Miracle Today. She has sang background vocals on a variety of artists projects including, Paul Simon, Alabama, Dolly Parton, Don Williams, Merle Haggard, Trace Adkins, Russ Taff, and Jason Crabb, to name a few. She has been nominated and awarded Female Vocalist and Songwriter of the Year in several awards programs. Becky has a passion for the Lord and loves to minister through song and testimony.
- Levi Bowman is the son of John and Rebecca Isaacs Bowman. He is the latest member to join The Isaacs playing guitar and singing. He just released a new solo album titled “Find Yourself”. Levi has traveled on the bus with his family assisting in various positions. He has a heart to serve the Lord and has recently announced his calling to preach the Gospel.